Some people say that the holidays aren’t here until it’s Thanksgiving, but I think crafters can agree that it’s the few weeks leading up to Thanksgiving that make all the difference.
Most of all, it’s starting to get to cold… and not everyone has the ability to stay warm. If you want to make an impact in your community during this time, it’s totally possible to do that because we have projects to sign up for as a community. You can enjoy a holiday movie— and make a scarf for someone in need! Win, win!
If you would like to donate supplies, please reach out to me! I am in need of ALL crafting supplies – including arts and crafts supplies to make cards! For monetary donations, please donate to our GoFundMe.
This winter holiday project will be updated as non-profits, local organizations and faith organizations reach out. Please check back periodically for any updates if you are not a Facebook member of our Craft Club Facebook group.
- Winter Holiday Card Drive: you can make Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, or just general winter themed cards! No matter what you make, it’s sure to raise the spirits of those who need it! The goal is to collect as many cards as possible to donate to senior facilities, orgs/non-profits, faith organizations and citizens in isolation. If your organization needs cards or a citizen needs a card, please reach out.
- Face Masks are still in need for many orgs! Please make sure to always check out our Sign Up Genius right here! It will go to your email and it will help me to stay on track on for who is signing up for what project. If that is too hard, I am happy to collect your masks (or project) to pick up from you!
- Sewn Face Masks & ear savers for Lower Shore Vulnerable Populations: we have partnered with Tri Community Meditation (a local non-profit) who leads the Vulnerable Populations Task Force for Salisbury & Wicomico County, MD since May to provide face masks for those affected by poverty, immigrants, disabled, etc, at community outreach events called “One-Stop-Shop” events.
- Red, White & Blue Twin Sized Quilts or Crochet/Knit Blankets for Coastal Hospice’s “We Honor a Veteran” Program: yarn and materials must be new! Please make sure fabric is washed! If making blankets for this program, please let me know & I will retrieve blanket squares for it from the Warm Up America box.
- Soap SACKS: we will be donating knitted and crocheted SOAP soaps and bars of soaps to the Lower Shore Vulnerable Populations Task Force events (and any other org/faith org) that requests these. The pattern for the Soap SACK is here. Cotton yarn only! Please reach out to me to pick up yarn!
- Warm Up Wicomico: they are in need of scarves, hats, gloves, mittens, blankets (please read below), etc. You can knit, crochet or sew these items! These will be given out to the homeless shelters and to those being affected by poverty in Wicomico County.
- Assemble Blanket Squares & Sew/Crochet Blanket Squares: From the incredible non-profit “Warm Up America” – we got a box of 500 squares for blanket. These squares are assembled via crocheting or sewing (via yarn) to assemble into blankets. You can pick up as many squares as you would like via my house. Warm Up America requires the number of blankets to be counted and photos helps with their funding so please make sure to keep an accurate tally & take pics. Thank you!!